Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day Five

6/18/12- Well if you care to know how I was feeling today, one of my fellow trainees (Thanks Jen) captured the moment quite well with this photo: TIRED! Yes, I briefly fell asleep for a quick moment in time during presentations today! But that afternoon coffee sure gave me a nice pick me up- Thanks Lisa. Despite being tired from such a long weekend I learned so much today! It's just so exciting to have that ahhh ha moment during math, and experience it just as a child would.
Towards the end of training today I received a phone call from my Hubby saying that he has been offered the job we have been hoping for, so of course after class we had to celebrate! The only point to that story is that it is 11:30, I have energy to post because I am so excited that the Hubby will be home more, but I will only have the energy to once again, only post the math lessons from today. That being said, I promise I will do a thorough Language Album posting sometime this week.

Today in Math we had lessons on: Small Bead Frame with Multiplication by 10, 100, and 1000, Small bead frame with a One-Digit Multiplier, Division with whole numbers using Golden Beads, Stamp Game Distributive Division, Stamp Game Group Division, and Division with Hierarchical Materials: Racks and tubes.

Small Bead Frame with Multiplication by 10, 100, and 1000 

Small bead frame with a One-Digit Multiplier
 If Children Know their Math Facts then Bead Frame with One Digit Multiplier is much Simplier



Division with whole numbers using Golden Beads


Stamp Game Distributive Division


Stamp Game Group Division


Division with Hierarchical Materials: Racks and Tubes

No comments:

Post a Comment